TWG insulated glass units are BS EN 1279-6:2002 Certified.
– various thicknesses and patterns available.
– available with smooth edges and rounded corners
– any shape, with or without polished or beveled edges.
– in a range of different colours, made-to-measure.
– various designs to chose from.
(30, 60, 90, 120 and 180 minutes).
—please note on some items we may ask for payment prior to ordering.
In areas where privacy and light are required TWG recommend the use of textured glass. There are 5 general levels of privacy available graded from 1 (least obscuration) to 5 (greatest obscuration) with attractive patterns and designs to choose from that allow maximum light while maintaining your chosen level of privacy or obscuration and they also form an attractive decorative feature itself. Toughened or laminated versions are available for safety and/or security. All are suitable for double glazing.
To comply with the Building Regulations glazing requirements in ‘Critical Locations’ safety glass should be fitted to protect from injury in the following areas:(indicated in diagram).
1. Glazing in doors – wholly or partially within 1500mm from floor level.
2. Glazing adjacent to doors – wholly or partially within 300mm of the edge of a door and which is also wholly or partially within 1500mm from floor level.
3. Low-Level Glazing – not covered in (1) OR (2) ABOVE – glazing that is wholly or partially within 800mm from floor level.
TWG make and repair stained glass windows and leaded lights to order and/or commission. Our skilled glaziers create new stained glass panels to match or complement existing glass work to your design and requirements using coloured glass or film, TWG will install the finished panels if required.
TWG can also help you with restoration projects such as re-glazing old cast iron windows. The example in the photograph had very little rebate left due to deterioration of the casting.
Re-glazing Boat or Caravan windows?
Glazing for round windows or tabletops?
Fridge shelving or glass panels for log burners?
if we can supply you we will!
Glass recycling helps the environment.
Glass is a fully recyclable material that can be recycled in close loop over and over again. … Glass recycling also helps in saving energy as glass melts at a lower temperature than raw materials. Consequently, less energy is required for the melting process. True Window and Glass recycle all their old glass including any removed from customers properties.
Glaziers – UK Directory